Section Seven

A commentary regarding the Political, Social, Cultural and Psychological state of today's world; expressed in terms of loving sarcasm.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I know how you have to live inside yourself, isolate yourself because emotionally and mentally you have no equals here. How, more often than not, you have to compromise your thinking just to be understood. How you long for someone with the capacity to meet you where you live. On your level. (credit: Lawrence Hertzog)

Thursday, May 04, 2006



True Story:

My father and mother live in Ireland. My father wanted to take some money out of his savings account, so he called his bank. The following conversation took place:

TELLER: Hello?

DAD: I'd like to transfer some funds from my savings account.

TELLER: How much?

DAD: (unspecified amount)

TELLER: And what do you propose to do with this money.

DAD: I'd like to put it into my IRA accout.

TELLER: What!!?

5 Comments:

Blogger M. Alexander said...

I think the teller's real fear is that Dad was requesting MONEY. The teller was in the unfortunate predicament of being only allowed to issue Euros which I'm not at all sure really are money.

1:36 PM  
Blogger M. Alexander said...

Approved comments only- now there's a sporting attitude!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jamie Carin and Claudio Romano said...

ROFL!! Very funny...and I get the sense the sort of thing that can only happen in the Rock family!!!

PS: I am Jamie friend of Mary and Jess, not necessarily in that order :P It depends on if Jess ever sends me another e mail in her life....before she moves off to some eastern European country so insignificant they don't even bother including it on maps!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hi, Jamie;

Thanks for visiting!

10:37 AM  
Blogger tradcatholic said...

Hey, what's all this lovey-dovey stuff on this blog?? I, as a stranger feel like I have invaded the inner sanctum of a very large, somewhat on-the-edge, family. Some in Ireland, hob-nobbing with Clarence Thomas, Euros aren't real money, IRA, section seven...etc. Something sinister here - oh, I get it, Le Femmes Sinister!! I seem to be the only SANE one here!
(You better not disapprove my comments...I can report y'all! I think y'all are "Over the Hedge"...Like y'all are from Vermont or some creepy environment like that!!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home