Section Seven

A commentary regarding the Political, Social, Cultural and Psychological state of today's world; expressed in terms of loving sarcasm.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I know how you have to live inside yourself, isolate yourself because emotionally and mentally you have no equals here. How, more often than not, you have to compromise your thinking just to be understood. How you long for someone with the capacity to meet you where you live. On your level. (credit: Lawrence Hertzog)

Friday, June 02, 2006

Ahhh... Weekends !
To catch you all up on what us girls are doing...

Last weekend we bit the bullet and bought a kayak to accompany the canoe. It's red, white and blue for the USA NOT France. My last trip down the river with three dogs and a sister taught me a lesson I'll never forget: Kathleen can't keep her balance.

Anyway, it's just a one-seater, but Bonnie loved it. Here she is with Deb (my vantage point from the canoe).

Then, Deb and I decided to dock, while Jess took Bonnie for a spin around the island in the background. Deb cast (barely missing my face with the hook and worm - it's not the hook that bother's me, as you all know) and said, "There's no fish h.... Oh look I've got one!" Then, Deb reeled in a whopping (to hear her tell it) Sunfish. She threw it back, at the same time that I was casting, and I swear I caught the same fish! The sunfish eventually learned to just eat the worms, and leave the hook, and must have taught all of his friends the same trick, 'cause we lost a lot of worms.

We met Jess on our way back to shore. Here Jess is with Bonnie:

I trolled on the way back to shore, and found out that I had hooked... you guessed it... the SAME sunfish. Oh well. Nothing but pizza for dinner that night. This weekend it's raining, so I guess it's another "Band of Brothers" Marathon, or maybe "Pride and Prejudice." Have a good one!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - what a spoiled dog!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

You have no idea... Or, maybe you do.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great dog, the girl is good looking too.

6:40 PM  
Blogger M. Alexander said...

Cool post!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures....that Bonnie is a winner...so are Kathy, Deb, Jess and Jenn...(Sorry, I don't mean in that order necessarily)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

those are some beautiful Pics Maddie. I really wish I could raise my family in an area like that

12:34 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hi, Gawfer;

I am lucky to live in such a beautiful state, but of course, I'm surrounded by political enemies, and they're encroaching. I think we'll be changing our state motto from "Live Free or Die" to "Live Free or be content to disintegrate under the heel of the welfare state." I've been to sunny So. Cal, too, though. One of my sisters and I went camping in the Anza Borega desert, last fall. It was beautiful!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home