Section Seven

A commentary regarding the Political, Social, Cultural and Psychological state of today's world; expressed in terms of loving sarcasm.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I know how you have to live inside yourself, isolate yourself because emotionally and mentally you have no equals here. How, more often than not, you have to compromise your thinking just to be understood. How you long for someone with the capacity to meet you where you live. On your level. (credit: Lawrence Hertzog)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I am completely swamped at work, right now; and, I live right next to a lake with a whole lot of fish just aching to be caught (or to eat the worms off of my hook!), so blogging will be sporadic until the end of June. However, I thought this one was funny....

ETHICS QUESTION

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line. Answer honestly!!!

You are in Florida, Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions. You are photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

Suddenly you see a woman in the water.

She is fighting for her life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer. Somehow the woman looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is.

It's Hillary Clinton!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take her under forever. You have two options-

1) You can save the life of Hillary Clinton, or 2) You can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's most powerful women.

So here's the question, and please give an honest answer.......


Would you select high contrast color film,
or
would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?



I'm hoping I've got a DVR with audio at the time, and I'd throw her an anvil, but I'm kind of mean, that way.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a third option I would like to suggest walking away and choosing not to pollute the newspaper with more obsenity by placing the offensive face of H.C. (I can't write out her name without my fingers shriveling slightly, I've been told this condition is imagined but why take a chance?) on the cover of a newspaper where children might accidentally see it.

6:23 PM  
Blogger tradcatholic said...

Yeah, I would walk away too...but...am I morally bound to save another's life no matter what???...or would I save MORE lives if I let her sink into the deep???...Perhaps I would make a half-A--ed effort, take a high definition picture of my hand not quite reaching hers and record the rising bubbles for posterity???...maybe I would make her swear first that she would turn around 180 degrees and become a hermitess far away to atone for the countless atrocities she is responsible for???? or ask myself what in the world I am doing in her presence all along anyway? This is a tough one. I believe in doing unto others as they would do unto me. Yep. Problem solved

7:38 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Hey Bonnie er qlinger,
I truly hope your comment was in jest, because Maddie is by far one of the most clear thinking good hearted citizens I've run across. Not sure why your blog cannot be viewed, but I'd be interested in hearing from you.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hi, Gawfer. Thanks for the kind words! Qlinger's comments are all in good fun.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt the truth of this scenario. I've been told that witches float.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

qlinger, Do you have a blog? I see it titled as Bonnie, but evidently, it has been removed.

I like to know who I'm pummeling at the defense of my friendly Irish Red Head... That was why I was cautious with my comments.

Glad to know you're one of the good guys...er gals.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Jess, Good point about the floating witches, but the scenario is described as "unlikely" and "completely fictional."

10:37 AM  
Blogger Stitches77 said...

Interesting question. However I don't believe I'd be able to risk my entire future career trying to save a rat.

Oh and thanks for stopping by Absolute Zero!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

qlinger said... I am the " Friendly Irish Redhead's" Hot younger sister...

Oh, Really? ;)

1:49 PM  
Blogger M. Alexander said...

I think we should stop and ask ourselves, "What would Ted Kennedy do?"

There's no one more caring and compassionate than the Kennedys right?

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home