Section Seven

A commentary regarding the Political, Social, Cultural and Psychological state of today's world; expressed in terms of loving sarcasm.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I know how you have to live inside yourself, isolate yourself because emotionally and mentally you have no equals here. How, more often than not, you have to compromise your thinking just to be understood. How you long for someone with the capacity to meet you where you live. On your level. (credit: Lawrence Hertzog)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006


Old Time Radio

I'll admit it, I'm a classic radio show junkie. That's right, "The Shadow Knows" that "X Minus One" is not a "Dragnet." My first exposure to old time radio shows was driving back from college through upstate New York at about 1:00am, when I hit an FM station that was playing the old "Lone Ranger" radio shows. I instantly fell in love with the genre. I've been a junkie, ever since. It's especially great, while driving at night, if you have a scary radio program on, say "The hitchhiker," for instance.

Anyway, in preparation for my summer road trip (more about this, later), I've been downloading some great old time radio shows. In the past, I had been suckered into buying these shows from the giant book store chains for an outrageous amount of money, not realizing how readily available and how cheap you could get these shows on the internet. So, I thought I'd pass some of these links along:

http://www.radiolovers.com (for FREE program downloads)
http://www.rusc.com (membership is only $7.50/month for unlimited downloads)

I'm sure there are many more, but I downloaded all 166 Dragnet programs, yesterday, and am starting to work on my "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar" collection. ('Lest this post make me seem older than I am, I'm under 40!). If you've never tried it, you should, but be warned, you'll be hooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home