Section Seven

A commentary regarding the Political, Social, Cultural and Psychological state of today's world; expressed in terms of loving sarcasm.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I know how you have to live inside yourself, isolate yourself because emotionally and mentally you have no equals here. How, more often than not, you have to compromise your thinking just to be understood. How you long for someone with the capacity to meet you where you live. On your level. (credit: Lawrence Hertzog)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's a Beautiful Day

Well, despite the accusation that this blog doesn't reflect my true personality (it's too much goodness, and light - while I'm... well... think Raskolnikov, and you've got it), I thought I'd share some photos I took on my way in to work. I love my commute, especially this time of year. I was discussing with a client why people live in the Northeast. We both decided that it's because of the second week in October. Yup, that's the only reason. There's nothing but snow and ice from November through February; mud from March through May; flies and mosquitoes (west nile virus, eastern equine encephalitis, etc.) from June through August. September isn't too bad because it begins to cool, but in October... well, October is magical. Enjoy:

5 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Dang! Pal. That is some beautiful country there. Put some more pics up, would ya?

8:37 PM  
Blogger M. Alexander said...

But the snow is coming and then it is nothing but high oil prices, elderly people falling on the ice and breaking a hip, frostbite, putting your tongue on a metal swingset in the playground, Jesus take the wheel- car accidents, blizzards, eating snow and then seeing that it was yellow, going out in the morning with wet hair and then it freezes, losing your mittens, (warm woolen mittens- yeah - if you can find them!), a dead battery on a -35 degree morning, breaking your wrist ice skating or cross country skiing, falling through the ice, not being able to afford a snowmobile, buying an artificial Christmas tree, well you get the idea.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Petrus said...

Madeline:

What's with the "loving sarcasm"? Maybe you really are Raskolnikov??????????

6:17 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Mary;

Note in my post I do say that the ONLY reason to live in the northeast is the second week of October. All other calamitous seasons are acknowledged.

BTW, just because I was present at both incidents where wrists were broken, doesn't mean I had anything to do with it.

10:09 AM  
Blogger tradcatholic said...

Madeline,
Yep! A nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there! Give me my flat fields of strawberries in the spring, melons, peaches corn and tobacco in the summmer, cotton fields in the fall, two weeks of freezing weather in the winter, one week or less of minor snow, and covering of ice, and flowers all year round, any time. A huricaine every few years or so is not too much of a price to pay for all this. Nice pictures. Keep them coming.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home