Section Seven

A commentary regarding the Political, Social, Cultural and Psychological state of today's world; expressed in terms of loving sarcasm.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I know how you have to live inside yourself, isolate yourself because emotionally and mentally you have no equals here. How, more often than not, you have to compromise your thinking just to be understood. How you long for someone with the capacity to meet you where you live. On your level. (credit: Lawrence Hertzog)

Thursday, February 15, 2007

We Interrupt this Message to Bring You .... A Miracle!

Despite my obsession with continuity, I'm going to interrupt my boring (so I'm told) Nepalese story to relate an honest to goodness miracle. The set up is that about five years ago, my parents took my younger sister, Deb, and I to Spain and to Fatima, in Portugal. It was an amazing pilgrimage. Upon my return, I gave a small bottle of the water we obtained from a spring adjacent to the apparition site to our UPS driver, Rick (who is also Catholic). My father, who is an ordained deacon, had blessed the water. Two days ago, Rick called me at 6:00pm to tell me that as his father lay dying in the hospital, Rick poured the water from this bottle all over him. Rick's father is completely healed, and the doctors are calling it a miracle. The story goes on... I was chatting with a client, George, on the telephone, today, and I told him the story. After a moment of silence on the other end of the phone, George began to tell me that he had left the Catholic Church, but that he really needed to hear about God's working in our present lives. Please say a prayer for George. Please also remember that February 20th is the feast of Jacinta and Francesco.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're happy about the miracle, but we want to hear about your trip to Nepal :-)

6:44 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Erin Go Bragh!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home